Fact Facts

English

This website FACTFACTS.NL  informs you on Flexible Assertive Community Treatment . We provide the MANUAL FLEXIBLE ASSERTIVE COMMUNITY TREAMENT: DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3925.1683  Manual Flexible ACT (2013) J.R. van Veldhuizen & M. Bähler; www.factfacts.nl, Groningen. Flexible ACT or FACT model: On average, a multidisciplinary Flexible ACT team of 11–12 FTE monitors 200 clients. The target group is the broad group of all individuals with SMI in a catchment area: both the 20% for whom ACT is indicated and the other 80% of the group, who need less intensive treatment and support. To combine care for these two groups, the FACT team employs a flexible switching system. The group requiring the most intensive care is discussed daily and for this group the team adopts a shared caseload approach. The names of these clients are listed on the digital FACT board. For the clients requiring less intensive care, the same team provides individual case management with multidisciplinary treatment and support. When clients become more stable, they do not have to be transferred (as in ACT, through ‘graduation’) to a different team; they stay with the same FACT team. This flexibility to switch between the two modes of service delivery in the same team enhances continuity of care and reduces drop-out.

In the Netherlands already more than 350 teams started with this model and a further growth of the number of teams to 400-500 on a population of 17 Million, is foreseen. The first English article on FACT was published in 2007, and can be downloaded; click here: van Veldhuizen JR,’FACT: A Dutch Version of ACT’ (2007), Community Mental Health Journal vol. 43(4) 421-433.

TRANSLATED MANUALS

Our manuals are translated into different languages.

Translation in other languages: All translations have to be granted by J.R. (Remmers) van Veldhuizen  (as first author and intellectual owner of “FACT” / “Flexible ACT”) under the following standard conditions, which can be downloaded here: conditions for translating “Manual Flexible ACT”.

Literature: Firn, M.,K.Hindhaugh, D.Hubbeling, G. Davies, B.Jones, S.J. White (2012). A dismantling study of assertive outreach services: comparing activity and outcomes following replacement with the FACT model. Soc. Psychiatry Psychiatric Epidemiology  2012 Springer

Nugter,A. F.Engelsbel, M.Bahler, R.Keet, R. van Veldhuizen (2015). Outcomes of FLEXIBLE Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) Implementation: a Prospective Real Life Study. Community Ment Health J.,DOI 10.1007/s10597-015-9831-2.

Remmers van Veldhuizen

  • J. R. (Remmers) van Veldhuizen (psychiatrist) started FACT in Holland.
  • Chairman of the Certification Centre for ACT and FACT (CCAF).
  • 1978 Psychiatrist
  • 1985 -1990 : Working with Partial Hospitalization
  • 1990- 1999 : Inspector for Mental Health Care in the Netherlands.
  • 1999 – 2012: Director for Innovation of Care at GGZ Noord Holland Noord
  • 2003: Introduction of the FACT model
  • 2000- now: promoting new legislation (community treatment orders etc).
  • 2002- 2008 spokesman Dutch Psychiatric Association regarding new MHA.
  • 2012- now: Senior advisor in implementation of FACT and ‘transmural’ care systems

Contact:

Email: remmersvv@hotmail.com
Address: Praediniussingel 20/9 // 9711 AG Groningen // The Netherlands

Nederlands

De website WWW.FACTFACTS.NL  is gestart in 2013 om bij te dragen aan de internationale verspreiding van het Flexible ACT model:  Flexible Assertive Community Treatment of FACT. Het Engelstalig “Manual Flexible ACT” is geschreven door Remmers van Veldhuizen met Michiel Bähler als coauteur. Het  biedt  een compacte beschrijving van het FACT  model. Het geeft informatie over de visie, werkwijze en organisatie van FACT teams. Het wil internationale collega’s die met Flexible ACT beginnen, een handreiking geven om teams zorgvuldig op te zetten. Het Manual is voor het eerst gepresenteerd op het tweede Europese Assertive Outreach Congres in Aviles (2013) door Remmers van Veldhuizen. De officiële verwijzing is: ”  DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3925.1683″ Dit manual kan hier zonder kosten  worden gedownload. Inmiddels zijn ook een Franse, Noorse, Roemeense en. Zweedse vertaling beschikbaar. Toestemming tot vertaling  wordt gegeven onder strikte condities. Van dit Manual bestaat geen Nederlandse vertaling. Voor Nederlandse teksten wordt verwezen naar het Handboek (Flexible) ACT (2015), Redactie: van Veldhuizen, Polhuis, Bahler, Kroon en Mulder (uitgeverij De Tijdstroom Utrecht) en naar het “Zakboek Flexible ACT”  van Veldhuizen (2016, De Tijdstroom).